NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- Data transfer from NAVIGON 70s series models to MAC does not work
This problem appears with all NAVIGON 70s series models. The cause for the defective data transfer is a change in the firmware of Apple's MAC OS 10.6.6 and higher versions.
An update of the firmware of your navigation system to version 2.03 is necessary. How to find out the firmware version of your navigation system you can find here.
There are two possibilities for an Update (A ,B):
A: Update with NAVIGON Fresh under Windows
This way only works under Microsoft Windows.
1. If you connect your NAVIGON device to your computer,
please make sure that NAVIGON Fresh is installed and
that you are connected to the internet. You can find
information about how to perform an update with NAVIGON
B: Update with MicroSD-card
1. For this step you need an empty MicroSD-card with
a FAT formatting. This card is not part of the
purchased parts package.
2. Download the firmware update file (ZIP file) here.
3. Unpack the ZIP file to your SD-card.
Important: Make sure that you do not store
the unpacked files in a folder. The files must
be stored separately on the card.
4. Charge your device fully, or connect it to the power
5. Put the SD-card into your device. The update will start
automatically. If the update does not start, please
perform a hardreset.
6. Restart your device and follow the instructions
on the screen.
Please note: During the firmware update, your personal settings willThis entry was last updated on: Friday, January 25, 2013 12:43 PM
be deleted. Your device will be set to the device's delivery status again.