NAVIGON Brings iPad Integration and MICHELIN Guides to iPhone Navigation App
The updated MobileNavigator 1.7.0 adds a total of seven new features and enhancements to the already most feature rich navigation app on the iPhone platform. Among the highlights of this comprehensive update is the optimization of the app to run natively on the iPad¹, making use of the larger display and the user interface of the device. The integration of the well respected MICHELIN Red and Green Guides as In App Purchases enable access to sightseeing tips and premium reviews of restaurants and hotels across Europe.
Hamburg, December 16, 2010 – MobileNavigator 1.7.0 features the finest of NAVIGON’s recent navigation technology: the market first Active Lane Assistant shows drivers exactly which lane to choose in a moving on-screen animation. Furthermore, NAVIGON included a new Map Reporter feature and enhanced the app’s support of the iPhone 4 Retina display.
Users can now also receive user notifications and Traffic Live coverage has been expanded. “NAVIGON’s updated version provides our over one million app users with the latest navigation technology from NAVIGON’s development labs and makes MobileNavigator even more customizable,” said Gerhard Mayr, vice-president worldwide mobile phone business, NAVIGON. “By transforming MobileNavigator into a universal app, optimized for both the iPhone and the iPad, premium features and content offerings are available across platforms. Instead of having a separate app for the iPad, we decided to develop one app that runs natively across both devices without extra cost for our dedicated customers.”
MobileNavigator 1.7.0 brings the following additions to the NAVIGON iPhone app:
- Universal iPad Integration:
- NAVIGON is the first major GPS brand to make its navigation app universal; it now runs natively on the iPhone and the iPad. Users with MobileNavigator installed on the iPhone can use the app on the iPad without extra charges. The app utilizes the iPad’s large display and user interface with a higher resolution, and new menus. MobileNavigator demonstrates Reality View Pro™ and the map view side-by-side, providing an accurate overview of the way ahead. Route planning is convenient on the iPad, showing a large scrollable, multi-touch map to select destinations in simple taps. In-map elements such as direction arrows, Lane and Speed Assistant symbols are designed in proportion to the iPad display size. The app allows an easy exchange of saved favorites between iPad and iPhone or vice versa.
- MICHELIN Red and Green Guide:
- The Michelin Red Guide offers restaurant and hotel reviews of over 51,000 destinations in 24 countries. Included are telephone numbers and addresses as well as additional information such as detailed descriptions, images and prices. The MICHELIN Green Guide includes19.300 sightseeing tips in 24 European countries. Detailed background information on museums, historical sights, interesting places/wonders of nature, leisure activities and castles. The Red and the Green Guide support six different languages (Dutch, English, French, German, Italian and Spanish) and are available as In App Purchases.
- Active Lane Assistant:
- The market first feature Active Lane Assistant assists drivers with getting and staying in the correct lane by showing a live lane animation. An orange line indicates the way the driver should follow. The optional feature can be switched on or off.
- Map Reporter:
- The new Map Reporter feature enables users with the power to store changed road names, new speed limits, and one-way streets and submit them to improve the accuracy of future maps.
- Retina Display Support:
- Retina display adaptation is further enhanced and now also shows the map, map fonts and POIs in high resolution.
- Expanded Traffic Live Coverage:
- Traffic Live is now also available in Hungary, Poland, Ireland and Slovenia.
- User Notifications and Newsletter:
- The update now also allows users to receive on-screen messages with important information about MobileNavigator within the app. In addition, users can also sign up for a newsletter and receive exclusive offers and first hand information by email.
Pricing and Availability
NAVIGON’s European apps and selected In App Purchases are up to 30 percent off until 6th January 2011. The promotional offerings are below next to the regular price.
MobileNavigator Europe: €89.99 (on sale for €59.99)
MobileNavigator EU 10: €74.99 (on sale for €49.99)
MobileNavigator Europe Region: €69.99 (on sale for €49.99)
MICHELIN Red Guide: €19.99 (on sale for €14.99)
MICHELIN Green Guide: €14.99 (on sale for €11.99)
Traffic Live: €19.99
Panorama View 3D:€9.99
UK Postal Codes: €1.59
MobileNavigator 1.7.0 is compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G and iPad 3G. The app also runs on first generation iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad WLAN, but third party accessories for GPS reception are required for these devices. *iOS4 multitasking is supported by the iPhone 4 and 3GS only.
1 NAVIGON MobileNavigator can only be used for turn-by-turn guidance on the iPad Wi-Fi + 3G, since the iPad Wi-Fi lacks a GPS receiver.
Here you can find information about MobileNavigator iPhone.
Further information can be found on www.navigon.com or can be requested here: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find us also here:
NAVIGON AG is a world-leading provider of premium navigation technology. NAVIGON delivers software on mobile phone platforms and for the automotive industry as well as branded personal navigation devices. The company has partnerships with leading consumer electronics companies and stands for high quality products, innovation and elegant design. Founded in 1991, NAVIGON is present in Asia, Australia, Europe, North America and South Africa. – NAVIGON. And the world is yours.