NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- How do I perform an update?
If you want to update the navigation software of your NAVIGON device, please use the free software NAVIGON Fresh. Install NAVIGON Fresh on your computer to get access to updates and upgrades for your device or the Fresh Shop.
To perform an update, please follow these steps:
1. Connect your NAVIGON device and your computer via USB cable.
2. Switch on your device and start NAVIGON Fresh.
3. Register your device. This step is only necessary during the very first
start of NAVIGON Fresh.
4. NAVIGON Fresh will now search for updates automatically.
Alternatively, you can go to "Update NAVIGON Software" on the left
side in the menu bar. If there are any updates available for your
device, NAVIGON Fresh will offer them for installation.
5. We strongly recommend you to perform a backup of your device's
software before installing an update. You can do this by going
to "Backup and restore". Create a backup and label it. Then follow
the instructions on the screen.
6. Perform a software update after the backup.This entry was last updated on: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:44 PM