NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- How do I perform a data backup?
We recommend you to make a backup of the memory card in your navigation device at regular intervals. It is also recommendable to make a backup of the memory card before you download any new navigation map, service or add-on.
When a backup is made, the data on the memory card is saved in the hard disk of your computer. If necessary, these data can then be retrieved (copied back) into the memory card. With the free software NAVIGON Fresh, making backups and restoring data is easy.
How to create a backup:
1. Connect your NAVIGON device to your computer via
USB cable or insert the memory card with the
NAVIGON software in your computer's card reader.
2. Start NAVIGON Fresh. Click on "Backup & Restore".
Click on "Create new backup".
3. Follow instructions on the screen. Instead of the
name already provided for the backup you can give
it any other name.
How to restore a saved backup:
1. Connect your NAVIGON device with your computer via
USB cable or insert the memory card, with the NAVIGON
software, in the computer's card reader.
2. Start NAVIGON Fresh. Click on Backup & Restore.
3. Click on the name of the backup which you would likeThis entry was last updated on: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 1:52 PM
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
5. Remove the USB cable from the navigation system or
insert the memory card with the restored data again in the
6. Carry out a reset on the device.