NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- Installation of the Mobile Navigator 6 and 7 software on an SD card (PDA, Smartphone, Symbian)
Regardless of the specified version all installation assistants are same. The installation steps of the software on the SD card are similar for all versions.
A: Download version
1. First unzip the ZIP file which you must have downloaded from our
web page. Open the ZIP file and click on „Extract all files “.
Depending of the operating system in your PC the process can be
automatically carried out when the file was unzipped.
2. Follow the instructions of the extraction assistant. The assistant will
ask you in which folder you would like to save the unzipped files. We
recommend to maintain the suggested option and not change it. The
files are thereby filed under the same list as the ZIP file. By
downloading you will see a green beam bar which indicates the state
of the process. Even if the beam is completely green, has arrived to an
end, it can still last several minutes until the process is concluded.
Do not interrupt the process at this point, even if it appears to you as
if the process has stopped.
3. After the process is concluded, open the unzipped folder and make
a double click on the „Start" file. Please follow now the instructions
described in step B (2.) below.
B: From DVD
1. Insert the DVD into the DVD disk drive. If the DVD does not start
automatically, please go to your computer's work place, choose
your DVD disk drive and double click then on „Start" file.
2. Select now the language of your preference in which you wish the
installation assistant to carry out the installation process. Language
selection at this point does not affect the Mobile Navigator software.
This selection is only for the installation assistant.
3. In the actual screen you can start the installation, select the language
of your preference for the installation assistant or read the software's
4. After you click on „Installation “ you will be requested to insert the
SD card into the connected SD card reader. Please proceed to do
so now, if you have not done this before. Please make sure that your
SD card reader is conditioned and has enough memory space to
process an SDHC memory card of at least 2 GB of memory capacity.
5. In the new screen you will see a brief overview of your SD card. The
disk drive is indicated, the size of the SD card, the free memory space
on the SD card and information of if the software MN6 is already
in the SD card.
6. Select now the map material which you will like to install. You can
install only several maps if you are concerned that the memory card
size is limited. Make sure that the memory card size is enough, find
in the left conrner a picture of a beam bar which fills up as more
maps are added. This displayed bar indicates you, how much free
memory is still available. Also note that you can navigate only within
single maps. It is not possible to navigate from an address in one
map to an address in another map.
7. You can select here the navigation language of your preference to be
installed. This selection is for the language which you hear during
the navigation as well as the written text in the menu guide.
8. Please double check the selected options once more before iniciating
the transfer process into the SD card. On the left side you will see the
map material which you would like to install and on the right side the
well-chosen languages. Below the selected software is marked. If you
still want to make changes you can carry them out with the back-key.
Click on „next“ to start the installation.
9. Because now the real installation begins a loading beam bar appears.
This process can take several minutes according to how many maps
have been selected. Some times the beam stays at 98% and 99%
when the installation is ending. Please have some patience and do
not interrupt by any means the installation. When the process has
ended you will receive a message that the installation is concluded.
Simply click on „Ok “.
10. Now you can remove the SD card from the card reader and insert it into your device.