NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- Which device am I using?
Different products like map material or certain software versions can be used only with specific devices. If you want to know which device you own, please proceed as follows:
● On the original purchase box your device came in or in the
enclosed user's manual guide, the device's model should be
● In many devices the name and model of the device is specified in
written form on an attached sticker found at the bottom side or at
the backside of the device itself.
● With NAVIGON PNAs as for example PNA 6000 or NAVIGON 2100
you will be able to find this specified there. With the NAVIGON 2100
you must check the backside.
Mobile Phones / PDAs
● With PDAs or mobile phones often only the manufacturer's name
is specified on the hardware but not the model.
● Most manufacturers have inserted the device's model name inside
the device itself, usually under the battery.
● Switch off your device and remove the battery. Now you will find the
device's model with labels as for example Nokia model: N95
or Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox N520.
● If you are not yet sure about the model of your device, you may check
and try to find a match to the names displayed on our compatibility
list or contact the device's manufacturer.
● For some smartphones such as the iPhone, opening the caseThis entry was last updated on: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:12 PM
cover is not recommended.
● With most smartphones you can find the exact description of the
device using the software menu.Usually you can find this information
under the menu “Settings”.