NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- NAVIGON select cannot be started when abroad. What can I do?
When being started for the very first time, NAVIGON select connects shortly with the service provider. The data volume of this connection is about 20 KB.
To avoid roaming fees, many devices are set by default to not allow data connections abroad. If the first use of NAVIGON select is abroad, you must allow the needed data connection:
1. Open the Android Start Screen and press the menu
2. Then klick on "Settings" - "Wireless and network" -
"Mobile networks" - "Data roaming" - "Yes".
Note: To avoid further data connections during navigation (e.g. for traffic messages), you have to deactivate the mobile data transfer during navigation.
1. Open the main menu.
2. Click on settings and deactivate "Use internet conection if
3. The data connection is deactivated now.This entry was last updated on: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 1:42 PM