NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- How can I download maps to my Android device?
There are several ways to download maps to your Android device. First start the NAVIGON application and then choose between one of the following options:This entry was last updated on: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:45 PM
Download via WLAN:
1. A Wireless internet connection is required.
Open the MobileNavigator main menu
and press the menu button.
2. Click on "Settings" - "MyMaps"- "WLAN". Now you can
select the maps you wish to install or deinstall.
Download via PC:
1. Connect your device and your PC via USB cable.
2. Activate the USB connection. Please note that you need to
activate GSM connection for the very first start of Mobilenavigator.
3. Open the NAVIGON Main menu and press the menu button.
4. Go to "Settings" - "MyMaps" - "PC" and follow the instructions
on the display of your device.
5. Start NAVIGON Fresh on your PC and go
to "Download maps and services".
Please make sure that you select each map that you would like
to download, even the ones that might be already installed.
Once you confirm the maps, the download starts automatically
and depending on the bandwidth of your internet connection
the download may take several hours.
Please note: An USB connection is not possible with all SAMSUNG devices in order to use NAVIGON Fresh. Also the option to use an SD card is not provided for all devices. In this case you have to choose "W-LAN" after starting the App.
An USB connection might also not be possible with other smartphones. In this case insert an SD card into the card reader to download maps via NAVIGON Fresh. If the device is not connected as mass storage, the NAVIGON Fresh might not be able to regognize it.