NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- My personal settings are not being saved. What can I do?
Your personal settings are normally saved immediately whenever they are changed.
However, if for any reason these settings are lost and they need to be reset whenever the software is started, then the corresponding files on the memory card are probably write-protected.
Proceed as follows to remove the write protection from the files:
1. Insert the memory card into the card reader of your computer.
2. Open Windows Explorer.
3. Open the directory of the memory card.
4. Using the right-hand mouse button, click on the "NAVIGON" folder.
5. Click on Properties.
6. Keep clicking on Write-protected until the box in front of it is empty.
7. Click on OK.
8. In the next window which appears, click on OK again.
9. Insert the memory card back into the navigation device.
The next time you save personal settings, these settings should be saved.