NAVIGON questions and answers
If you drive using NAVIGON, you’ll want the exact details. How to download updates, for example, or install additional maps or services, or how NAVIGON FreshMaps works. You’ll find manuals, downloads and answers to your questions here.
Select a topic, or enter a keyword to restrict your selection.
- How do I perform a data backup?
We recommend that you do a backup of your navigation device at regular intervals. It is also recommended before you download new navigation maps, services or add-ons for your navigation system.
When you do a backup, the data of the device (and if a SD card is inserted, the data on the card) is stored on the hard drive of the computer. If necessary, the data can be restored again. With the free software NAVIGON Fresh you can easily perform backups and restore files.
Note: It is possible that older devices can only perform a backup if the SD card is connected via a card reader.
How to create a backup:
1. Connect your NAVIGON device to your computer via
USB cable or insert the memory card with the NAVIGON software
in your computer's card reader.
2. Start NAVIGON Fresh. Click on "Backup & Restore". Click on
"Create new backup".
3. Follow instructions on the screen. Instead of the name already
provided for the backup you can give it any other name.
How to restore a saved backup:
1. Connect your NAVIGON device with your computer via
USB cable or insert the memory card, with the NAVIGON software,
in the computer's card reader.
2. Start NAVIGON Fresh. Click on Backup & Restore.
3. Click on the name of the backup which you would like to restore.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
5. Remove the USB cable from the navigation system or insert the
memory card with the restored data again in the navigation
6. Carry out a reset on the device.This entry was last updated on: Monday, September 8, 2014 1:11 PM